Movie MemeJune 24, 2008
Swiped from Joan Harvest! These are all movies I’ve seen quite recently. Last Sunday was an unplanned movie marathon.
1. One movie that made you laugh:
2. One movie that made you cry:
For an obscure but wonderful movie that ALWAYS makes me cry and you’ve probably NEVER heard of is The Nephew. It’s set in Ireland – lovely scenery, great story, I cry every time and recommend this to everyone.
3. One movie you loved when you were a child:
Escape from Witch Mountain? All those Kurt Russell movies when he was really young? I remember the very first ‘adult’ movie I saw was Smokey and the Bandit. Then I saw Rocky – what a thrilling experience THAT was to see in the theatre!
4. One movie you’ve seen more than once:
Gladiator comes to mind as one that I’ve seen more times than I care to count. But using the guide of recently viewed movies, I would have to say Legally Blonde. Reese Witherspoon reminds me of a good friend from college who I am no longer in contact with which makes me a bit sad… But then, some friendships are for seasons, some for lifetimes. She was just a season that ended in cold hard winter. Oh well.
5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it:
I can’t think of any! (Pride and Prejudice? Legally Blonde?)
6. One movie you hated:
Something About Mary. I can’t help it: I cannot stand Ben Stiller. Something about that innocent clumsy idiot persona that grates on me. But, I’m not one of those people who won’t go see a movie just because I don’t like the actor(s). My favorite Ben Stiller movie is Dodgeball because I do have a hot love for Vince Vaughn. Go figure.
7. One movie that scared you:
I do not watch “scary” movies. Unless they are more cerebral than slasher/gore/horror. OK, here’s the scariest movie I saw lately: In the Valley of Elah. War sucks. and to reinforce, that drugs suck, too. go see: Requiem for a Dream
8. One movie that bored you:
Frantic with Harrison Ford. ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
9. One movie that made you happy:
10. One movie that made you miserable: See answers to #7.
11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see:
I still haven’t seen any of the 9/11 movies; I even OWN them and I have yet to watch them.
12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with:
Sir Walter Raleigh in Elizabeth: The Golden Age or Tristan in Stardust or Emmit (Luke Wilson) in Legally Blonde… Or the John Cusack character in Must Love Dogs, I could go on and on.
13. The last movie you saw: Stardust! Last night. It was storming and we have DirecTV so the feed was breaking up – only thing to do is put in a movie… Must Love Dogs was on TV right before that so it was breaking up and we only saw pieces/parts.
14. The next movie I hope to see: