Random Meme from HallieJune 15, 2008
I was tagged by the Brilliant Hallie for this meme.
1. What were you doing five years ago?
Five years ago would have been June of 2003. I was living in Kansas City and my husband would be doing well but not great at his remodeling business. The only reason I say ‘not great’ is that in order to consider himself doing ‘great’, he would be needing to put more away into the 401k –> ie, the(my?!) retirement fund, etc. and we were just ‘making it’. This makes me laugh now because I’m not sure where the money was going since our mortgage was a LOT less there than here in Mass and we had a bigger house. So strange, isn’t it? What you believe CAN influence your reality. Just reading that sentence makes me laugh a little in one of those ‘I shouldn’t be laughing’ kind of ways. I do that a lot. Laugh inappropriately… Anyway, where was I? Five years ago. I was managing data streams for a restaurant company and my boss was someone I respected a lot but also thought was really missing out on one part of life (having ANY fun.) A great example of unbalance and/or you can never really know about some people. Then again, judging is bad. This concludes the lesson.
2. What are five things on your to-do list today?
- Do something with the hamburger that has been in the freezer awhile.*
- Balance the chemicals in the hot tub.
- Read; finish one book and continue in another.
- Blog some.
- Grocery shopping & laundry.
3. What snacks do you enjoy?
Hub is actually attempting the weightloss goal by spending a ton of cash on Nutrisystem. I LOVE their chocolate peanut butter bars and the white cheddar chip things. But I also love onion rings, chips and guacamole, spinach/artichoke dip, ice cream; most anything called ‘snack’, really. I love food. Stacy’s Pita chips are the very best of that category. My favorite candy bar is the $100,000 bar and I love DOVE dark chocolate. When I go to the movies, I must have buttered popcorn – it’s just a part of my movie-going experience.
4. Things you would do if you were a billionaire.
Invest a third for me, invest a third in others, spend a third on a big boat, build a front porch onto my Colonial house – oh crap, forget that! – I would sell this and buy a lake home, learn to fly my own plane and buy a pair of dark purple cowboy boots in some exotic leather.
5. Three of your bad habits.
- Self doubt and self-pity (can that be one or should it be two?)
- Drinking a bit too much alcohol a little too often.
- I bum cigarettes cuz so many of my friends smoke but I don’t often think about smoking when I’m by myself so I rarely buy or have cigs of my own. Yes, I know it’s a bad habit. It’s a social thing.
6. Five places you have lived.
I have lived in many towns in Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, two in Nebraska, a summer in Washington DC and short stint near DC close to Dulles Airport, besides where I live now:
7. Five jobs that you’ve had?
No particular order:
- Hostess at Red Lobster
- Learning Skills Instructor
- Computer Programmer
- Vocational Education Program Coordinator
8. How did you name your blog?
A long time ago when I purchased a website address of my name – I thought it would be cool to learn web design and have my own personal website, (I never really got around to learning much more than the very basics) and I also bought ideajump.com because I liked the vague-ness yet positiveness of how these two words sounded together. And it was available, it was short, most people know how to spell idea and jump, and so I put down the $6… I was toying with the idea of being a lifecoach at that point in my life, too, and thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a place to park such a business if it took off. Once I discovered this blogging thing, I decided to jump into it and thought Idea Jump would be a good title. I don’t know why I didn’t call my id ‘ideajump’ to keep it seamless; somehow I ended up with ‘curiousC’. I don’t think much thought went into that at all.
I am simmering some Hamburger Stew right now: 1# hamburger, potatoes, carrots, green beans, 2 cans tomato sauce… Will serve with Cuban Bread – a good thick hearty white bread.