Tagged for some memes! so fun… However, my PC is fighting me today. Here goes:
The Google Image Meme. I was tagged by Wearing Stilettos and Living on a Farm, click here to see her awesome collection of …. shoes! NO, that’s a few days back – but still fun. Click here for the meme.
I only made it to this shot. Which is what popped up when I entered the number of how old young I will be on my next birthday. It’s likely a random sequential number assigned to the title of the pic and not anything really to do with how many years I have traveled around the sun. “A Woman Who Will Tell Her Age Will Tell Anything.” I’ve never quite understood that quote. So what?
The pic represents my mood today, though. I’m mad at my computer. ARRRRgggghhHHHH.
The Love of Your Life Meme. aka THE HOT SEAT. I wasn’t specifically tagged, but JavaQueen played and invited anyone and all. HOWEVER. If I’m still fighting the slowness and uncooperative nature of this electronic beast, I won’t be adding all those links. Sorry for the loss of link love. I will try to visit them all tho, just to be nice?
Are you deeply in love with your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend? If you are, let’s try how well you remember the moments of your life with him. But before you put yourself in the hot seat please read the rules of this tag first.
1. This tag should be passed on to your friends.
2. Visit the blog of the person you’ve got this tag.
3. Leave a comment on her/his tag post. Be sure to thank her/him for this tag.
4. Highlight and link all the list of people who accepted this tag by visiting their blog site.
5. There are 10 questions that you need to answer but you will be the one to write the 10th question for the next person you want to pass this tag. Here are the questions. Be honest with your answers.
1. How did you meet your husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend?
I met my Hub in a class in college. We had the same major.
2. Where did you go on your first date?
Our first date was a dinner at his house. He had two friends, one being his roommate, who were treating the girlfriends to a lovely spaghetti dinner. Since my Hub didn’t exactly have a girlfriend, he asked me. In fact, I can remember clearly that he asked me with these words, “My roommate is having a dinner party and they are making me bring a date. What are you doing Friday night?”
3. When was your first intimate kiss?
Define ‘intimate’. Our very first kiss was later that night? I drank a lot of red wine. A lot. Did I mention that I had a lot of wine that night? But to answer the question with my thinking that this guy might be special, it was 2 days later.
4. How many girlfriends/boyfriends he/she had in the past? Do you honestly know?
I honestly don’t know. or care. He was my first “true” boyfriend.
5. What is his/her ethnicity?
Both of us are of German heritage.
6. What is his/her favorite food?
I’m at a loss. We love food. Love all of it. Nothing comes top of mind as a ‘favorite.’ If I start listing, it could get long.
7. What is he/she like if he/she is mad?
I can give the very same answer JavaQueen gave! “He gets an “irritated look” about him. He doesn’t say much, and when I ask what’s the matter, he starts to bitch about it. He is RARELY moody, so I allow him his moments…”
8. What are the things he/she did you thought is the most romantic thing he’d/she’d ever done?
My man is amazingly sensitive and charming. We hadn’t been dating very long (3 weeks maybe?) when he sent me a poem/present through some crazy college Greek fundraiser where they would deliver a gift for Halloween. His poem said, “Pumpkins are orange, cats are black. At Halloween, strange things are known to attract.” I as smitten, let me tell you!
9. Describe how he/you proposed to you.
I’d rather not. Let me just say that I’ve never told my mother. Of course, if I can’t tell it on an anonymous blog, who can I tell? and that’s what is so weird about the silly “blug” (as the Hub calls it.) I feel like you guys KNOW me and I don’t want to appear strange! Ok, we had just had a very lovely intimate moment (we were naked) when he exclaimed without really thinking about it, “will you marry me?!?!?!” and I giggled in joy, “oh yes!!!!” It was 8 weeks to the day after that spaghetti dinner. We married one year later and we’ve been hitched almost 20 years. (It’s amazing how easy it is to deflect that question at innocent social gatherings…)
10. What has been the biggest surprise about your signifigant other since you’ve been together?
We now live in our 7th house and this is the first one he’s given a rat’s ass about how the lawn looks. WTF? What. ever. But to be serious and mushy, he promised me over 20 years ago: NEVER A DULL MOMENT, and it’s been an awesome loving ride. It’s our theme slogan. Oh, and that scene with Demi Moore where she is a blonde – can’t remember the name of the movie… where she talks about love and falling stars and how your lover/spouse is… “YOUR SPLIT-APART BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.” That describes us, too.